1.08.2008

Happy New Year!

Go figure that when I finally decide to update everyone on our holidays, I cannot get the camera to connect properly to the computer to get the pictures. I have a strange feeling, however, that Caylin has messed with the connection somehow, so for now I will just give you the facts and post the pics later.

We had a great Christmas, and Caylin made it so much fun. I was humored by the fact that we finally had to wake her up Christmas morning so we could get things going and make it to our families' houses. I doubt that will be the case for too many years! She really didn't get into the whole opening presents bit, but was pleasantly surprised (and entertained) by random bits of paper, boxes, and the M&M bags that I got in my stocking. It was fun just to watch her and see her reaction to everything. My favorite thing she got was a walker. She was so cute because she knew just what to do as soon as we set it up for her (it made a great alternative to the empty box she had been pushing around for the week or so prior!). She is now a pro with the thing, and has even managed to learn how to back it up and turn when she runs into something. I have a feeling it won't be too long now before she is off on her own!

Anyway, Caylin was spoiled by Grandma Becky and Grandma Jill, and now has a full stash of all sorts of fun toys that has taken over our entire condo. This Christmas season was even more magical and wonderful that I have ever experienced because I got to do so from her perspective. She was fascinated by the tree and especially the ornaments. I was so sad when the tree finally came down, but I did leave the little one up in her room, and plan on doing so for a while.

We ventured to Saint George with Colby's family for New Year's, as we usually do. It was great to spend time with everyone (all 27 of us), and luckily the family has two condos next door to each other so that we really are all together. The girls did our traditional after Christams bargain shopping, and the boys were even able to get in a round of golf. Caylin enjoyed spending time with her cousins and got to go swimming with daddy also (I was so sad that they went swimming when we went shopping because I was really looking forward to seeing her in the pool!). It was a great time, although Caylin did manage to catch her first cold, and is still trying to get over it.

I can't believe how fast time flies and that it has almost been two weeks since Christmas already!

0 little munchkins: