12.29.2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas

I am so sad that the holidays are really over, but it was so much fun this year. We started off Christmas Eve with an early present from Uncle Creed and Aunt Amanda. They brought over this super cute vacuum for Caylin. She absolutely loved it! She had seen one at her cousin's a couple of weeks ago, and cute Amanda vowed she would find one for Caylin for Christmas.


After the traditional Healey family movie on Christmas Eve (this year's flick was Tale of Desperaux, and unfortunately because of a busy toddler, I missed the entire middle section of the movie) and a much needed nap, we went to my grandparents' for pizza. Even though you can't tell much from the picture, Caylin went to town on that peppermint fat boy ice cream. She also really loves her mimi!

Opening pj's on Christmas Eve.

I'll just explain now that it's a good thing I got a picture of the new pj's the night before, because Christmas morning didn't get off to a smooth start. I'll spare the details, but I will say that I was awakened by the unmistakable sound of a dirty diaper over the monitor, and a good load of laundry and a shower soon followed for Caylin.
All month long she would tell you that Santa was going to bring her a bike, and that is the first thing she saw when she walked out to look at the tree. We had a hard time getting her off it to open anything else.


The only thing she legitimately asked for herself (without mommy or daddy feeding her ideas) was "ABC cereal." That was an easy wish to fulfill!
After opening presents at our house and getting ready, we went to my parents'. Caylin was spoiled once again. She got the cutest outfit for the baby Stella doll my mom got her last year. She also got a "fort" so that she and mimi don't have to drag out the card table and blankets every time now! This was a big hit!
new shades!
nice hat! Our little family at the Healeys.
Caylin got a tutu, wings, wand and Tinkerbell doll from Haley.
She also got the cutest princess castle from Grandma Jill and Papa Fred, along with a cute book.
Our last stop of the day was at DeeDee and Grum's (my grandparents). I love this picture of Caylin and Papa laying on her new owl sleeping bag.
The sleeping bag came in a backpack and even had a flashlight and water bottle along with it. When she put this on and started running around, time all of a sudden flashed forward about four years (although I really hope she doesn't need to take lovey to school with her!).
That night my parents and my brother came over for pizza and a movie and to see all of Caylin's new toys. She really got spoiled, but it was so fun to see her with everything. The next morning when she woke up and started looking around her room, she kept saying, "I want that! I want that!" It has been a crazy couple of weeks, but it all went by way too fast. I just keep thinking how fortunate we are and how grateful I am to have the family and friends that we do.

4 little munchkins:

Shawna Wilson said...

She is so cute, and that backpack does make her look like such a big girl! I can't believe how fast time has gone by with our little girls! It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas.

Kelsey said...

wow, she looks so grown up! She is such a doll. I love Colby's shirt, classic :)

schaars said...

Looks like Caylin got SPOILED. They are at such a fun age hu! When you get back from St. George lets get together its been to long!

Jess said...

So she didn't get spoiled or anything did she?