2.28.2009

A fun week. . .

I always worry that I don't do enough fun things that Caylin enjoys (especially during the winter!). I mean, seriously, playing at home and trips to Target aren't exactly activities that most toddlers get very excited about day after day! This week, I think I managed to pack some interesting adventures in for Caylin, and I guess it helped a little that the weather picked up just a bit. On Tuesday, Grandma Jill called and invited Caylin and I to go to the park with them for cousins' day. Caylin loved the swing, and threw a tantrum when I had to take her out. I can't wait for Spring when we can go all the time to the park!



they fed the ducks

the whole gang: Haley, Caylin, Lexi, Taylor and Josh

the girls
Wednesday I took Caylin to the library, and she stayed forever just reading new books. I really need to take her more often because she loves it there, but she also loves having new books around at home. I got her some Charlie and Lola books, and she can't get enough of them!
Yesterday we went with Jess and Tessa to the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was fun to go someplace new, and it was so good to see them again! Thanks again Jess!
playing in the water (can I just point out that Caylin's little apron almost dragged on the ground and she kept tripping over it!)

this is about the most she really played in there, because then she found the little tunnel for the kids to get in and out of, and she kept sliding down it like a slide
Tessa wouldn't go too close to the enormous shark
but I couldn't get Caylin away - I couldn't believe how big it was!
digging for dinosaur bones
Today we went swimming at the Lion's Club with Tyson, Mel, Heather and her kids. Caylin had a blast in the water. This morning as I was getting ready to go Caylin went into her bedroom. When I went looking for her, I found that she had opened her dresser drawer and pulled out everything. I just figured it was another mess to clean up. A little while later we were talking to my dad on the phone and I told Caylin to tell him we were going swimming. She then said,"I can't find my swimsuit." Then it dawned on me that she pulled all her clothes out looking for her swimsuit. I guess she was pretty anxious to go!
I just had to add this one in - yes, that is me at 13 weeks. I really sorta "popped" the last week or so, and I am shocked at how big I am already. I know I was huge with Caylin, so it will be interesting to see how this one ends up!

3 little munchkins:

schaars said...

Looks like FUN! I can't believe that Caylin will let you braid her hair plus how good you are at it. I tried once and it was more of a fight and didn't turn out so good! I love your cute little prego belly you did just pop out so CUTE when do you find out what you are having? I need to call and chat with you talk to you soon!

Kelsey said...

you are such a cute prego :) Love seeing all the gooers in the cousin pix. So fun!

Healey Family said...

Can't wait for Tyson to join cousin day. Swimming was fun last week, we should get together again this week and do something fun!